We've all experienced the nerves of going away, aside from the mani pedi and getting your itinerary together, theres the big issue of packing. Packing can be difficult, especially when your flight restricts a 50 pound weight limit..like really?? How are all my shoes going to fit? Now I know it's only the end of January, but Spring Break will be approaching faster than you think. But we can't help but dream of the warm weather anyway. We’ve collected a list of items that we found essential for your next vaca. And if you're not going away anytime soon.. then just keep this checklist in mind for when you do go away somewhere warm!!
1. A good pair of sunnies. Whether you prefer an expensive pair or a cheap pair just to throw on, you’ll need something to help you out! If you’re looking for something inexpensive try something from F21 or H&M like these. But if you really want to turn heads try these from Sunglass Hut
2. A comfortable pair of sneakers. Depending on what you plan on doing you’ll want to have something just in case. While on vacation you may get a little touristy and you’ll want something comfortable on your feet when you feel like you’ve been walking 500 miles.
3. A hat… or two. Our first pic is to take a baseball cap, to throw up your knotty beach hair in. Our second pic is a big floppy hat. Something you can throw on when you’re walking around the resort or downtown.
4. A jean jacket or cardigan. Something neutral but not too heavy that will go with every outfit when you’re chilly at dinner or hanging out late night.
5. Bathingsuits, obviously. We recommend to bring 1 for every 2 days. So if you're going on a week long vacation bring 4 just to play it safe. It’s also beneficial to be able to mix and match your tops and bottoms. We suggest buying printed tops so you can use one bottom for more than one top!
6. A beach bag. To put your headphone in, a towel, your money, snacks, suntan lotion and your sunglasses. Check out this straw bag, perfect for the beach!
7. A few nice dresses/skirts. Whether you’re going with your S/O or your girfriends, you’ll still want to get dressed up and go to dinner. So pick 3 of your favorites. We prefer to carry 2 dresses and 1 neutral colored maxi skirt.
8. Two pairs of jeans. One nice skinny jean and one boyfriend jean. You could easily play up both of these looks.
9. Two universal pairs of sandals and one wedged heel. We recommend sticking to a black and tan/brown color. And a cream or black wedge. Again, something easy to pair with any one of the outfits in your bag! Aldo has a wide selection of sandals to chose from!
10. Three pairs of pjs. Often times PJ's consist of old t-shirts and active shorts, so these are great for doing double duty. If you’re looking for something to throw on while you’re getting ready or if you’re just hanging out.
11. Undergarments. It's okay to over pack underwear because they don’t take up a lot of space. Bras, on the other hand we suggest to keep to 2-3. One should be strapless if you have a dress or top that would need it. And the other two could be normal, or bralettes. Throw in a couple pairs of socks while you’re at it.
12. Four blouses & two pairs of shorts. Just incase you don’t want to wear a dress or skirt, you’ll have tops to work with the jeans or shorts.
13. Your makeup, hair products & jewelry. This is simple, because you probably use these things daily, you’ll know exact what to pack.
14. Toiletrees. Things such as, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, condition, body wash, lotion, contact case, solution
15. YOUR MUST HAVES: Passport, charger, headphones, medications & chapstick. Most of these things are thrown into your handbag for easy access.
Where are you off to next?