It was a bitter Tuesday here in Rhode Island. With the winter fast approaching, it started to feel like a snow day. Today was the perfect day to stay inside and keep warm while enjoying some much wanted company. Now that there is a storm approaching, we've collected 10 things to do while you may feel a little cagey inside.
1. Bake something sweet - This our absolute go-to. Nothing says winter like warm chocolate chip cookies. Grab a bag of Pillsbury or go from scratch here.
2. Binge on a Netflix series - There are so many options for great TV shows. Many have been talking about "Making a Murderer", "Orange Is The New Black" or the ever so popular "Friends".
3. Take a hot bath - Lather up a face mask & throw in the bath bomb because snow days are great "personal days". Stay warm and at peace with this sweet vanilla aroma from lush.
4. Play a board game - If you're snowed in with someone else or a bunch of friends board games are great to boost intelligence or get the conversation going. Instant crowd pleaser right now is "Pie Face".
5. Make Arts & Crafts - The ultimate go to in my house. We're stocked with extra canvas, paints, brushes and jars to express with our own creativity. Pinterest is a great place to search DIY's and Crafts for those who like to get handsy.
6. Read that book you've been meaning to finish - Often times we start books on vacation and are so close to done, but never quite finish.. todays the day to do it!
7. Raid your closet - A good a time as ever to get rid of the things you never wear. With the new year starting, revamp your closet. Out with the old, in with the new!! Selling gentle used items on Poshmark will help supply money for newer items.
8. Make a bucket list- Jot down a few things you want to accomplish before the end of 2016.
9. Try new makeup/hair tricks- Special event coming up? Or have new makeup you want to try out? Check out some tutorials on how-to's to perfect those looks you love.
10. Work out - There are plenty of videos on YouTube or Hulu. Many of you may even have some at home DVDs you can pop in. Stay warm by working up a sweat!