Good Evening Pioneers!
It's been getting mighty dark already here in Providence, I don't know about y'all but the time change is effecting me greater than expected this year. I'm not sure if it's because of of all my travels lately, or if this means early hibernation for winter! Either way the weeks must continue on because before we know it the holiday season is upon us. There are few better ways than to spend cold mornings snuggled in bed or crisp nights at intimate parties with family and friends. Below I'll be listing a few of my favorite ways to unwind and get ready for a busy season, Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
- Early Morning Runs- Great for a burst of energy to start off the day.
- Yoga and Meditation- Sometimes its too cold for a run outside, so at home yoga is just as beneficial, and the meditation is great morning, noon or night to clear your mind and be at one with yourself.
- Food, food and more food- The holiday season is the time when more sweets and comfort foods come out to play, its okay to indulge but just remember its a treat and to not over do it, unless of course its your mama's homemade chocolate chip cookies then by all means have more than one!
- Lazy Days- You'll need one of these, its important to keep time for yourself to just veg out and do nothing, and that is simple just how it needs to be. lay on the couch, eat pop corn and watch movies!
- Shopping- Retail therapy is personally my favorite way to relax, not only do you get to get some of the Christmas shopping done but you also get to see how much you can get for yourself, because you can never have too many pairs of shoes. No Closet is ever full enough!
- Happy Hour- after a long stressful day sometimes the only cure is to have a glass of wine or two or three or four.... it's okay, we won't tell, no judgement!
- Get in Touch with Nature- Sometimes all you need to do it go to your favorite park or nature sanctuary with your favorite playlist and just sit and take in everything around you. Getting in touch with nature can be just a freeing experience and so calming.